Vehicle maintenance is important. Luckily, it's easy to stay on top of the "what," "when," and "how often" of what you need to do. Just follow a schedule. You can start by making a checklist of the repairs, replacements, and upgrades you've done, and the ones you have yet to do. There are three types of maintenance to keep track of: regular, seasonal, and long-term. You'll find them in your vehicle's owner's manual.
Regular maintenance generally includes:
- Checking fluids -- most importantly, the engine oil and coolant
- Checking all filters -- namely, the cabin and engine air filters, the oil filter, and the fuel filters
- Checking tire pressure and tread depth and doing a tire rotation
- Checking interior lighting, along with exterior lighting such as headlights and taillights
- Waxing your vehicle to add body protection
Seasonal maintenance usually includes:
- Installing new windshield wiper blades
- Installing climate- and weather-appropriate tires
- Testing the car battery
- Checking coolant levels and topping them off if needed
Long-term maintenance often includes:
- Checking, flushing, and replacing transmission fluid as necessary
- Checking fluids in the differential and transfer case if you have them
- Checking the shocks and struts and replacing as necessary
- Checking, flushing, and replenishing radiator fluid levels as necessary
- Checking and changing any spark plugs with problems
- Checking and tightening or replacing the serpentine belt as necessary
Keep Your Vehicle in Top Shape with Genuine Mopar Maintenance Parts
Our auto parts counter has what you need, in stock and ready to ship, and you can order it right here online. We carry only genuine OEM maintenance parts, made by Mopar and guaranteed to work with your make and model. Buy now and you'll be checking items off your list in no time.
No results found for "air filter, oil filter, belt, shock, strut, spark plug, fuel filter". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!